22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

Shoreline of the Month: Popham Beach, ME

For the September installment of Shoreline of the Month, Mal is sharing with us Popham Beach. Enjoy!


Hi everyone! I'm Mal from The Chic Geek and I'm so excited to be featured today on Shorelines and Sunshine to share my favorite shoreline.

Growing up, both my parents spent their summers in Maine, my mom on the beach and my dad at a lake. We muse that their families probably passed each other on the long journey north.

We still have a place on the lake, and when we go up there in the summer we spend a day at Popham Beach in Phippsburg, Maine. Popham Beach has a lot of history to it, being the home of Fort Popham as well as Fort Baldwin. 

Besides the history, it’s really just the most beautiful place to spend time... 
DSC_0217The building with the reddish roof used to be the coastguard station- now it’s a B&B

LighthouseLighthouse
 Fort Popham Fort Popham
 Fort Baldwin Fort Baldwin 
 SandpiperA little sandpiper walking along the water
 Buoys Weathered buoys
 Popham Beach I love this blue house and the fence
 Lobster Traps Lobster traps on the docks


Thanks so much Mal for posting this month! If you're interested in sharing your shoreline, please let me know in the comments below or email me! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder