5 Şubat 2013 Salı

Audition and Interview Dresses

To contact us Click HERE
It's definitely audition and interview season for both those applying to undergraduate and graduate programs. As a SAI sister, I help auditionees and their parents in the hospitality room with coffee, bagels, and homemade baked goods, as well as the wisdom and advice that comes with attending a conservatory for four years. It's always a wonderful feeling to help calm, mostly parents, on audition mornings.

I've also seen a fair share of outfits to auditions, and for musical theater and ballet prospective students, they have their own outfits simply because they need to dance, but for everyone else, here are some pretty good guidelines.

1. Don't be afraid of color! I've seen way too much black and gray on early Saturday mornings and I wish more prospective students showed personality. I'm in the arts and that's definitely not a field in which you want to be shy or get lost.

2. Relax and smile. There are often prospective students who look scared, and I'm sure they're even more of a wreck inside. You always have to remember that at least for auditions that everyone wants you to succeed. Everyone wants you to play well or interview well, and they want to see you at your best.

3. Gather as much information while you're on campus as you can. Take a tour, check out the city, and talk to as many current students as possible. You'll get a great feel of campus life and the general atmosphere if you dive right in. Also take as many pictures as you can. You'll want to review them if you have to make a tough decision later down the road, and I happen to attend one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.

Audition and Interview Dresses
One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six

What do you wear to auditions or interviews for school?

I'm also looking for bloggers interested in sharing their favorite shoreline for the Shorelines of the Month series on my blog.  If you're interested in sharing your shoreline, please let me know in the comments below or email me!    

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder