11 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

Where We Belong and The Road

To contact us Click HERE
I read both of these books over winter break this past year, and while I didn't read as many as I would've liked, I did apply to eight grad schools. My semester has only gotten busier, and I hope that  I can meet my 2013 goal of reading 37 books, one more than last year. Maybe I'll find time over the summer or something since I graduate in April.
I'm linking up with Heather from Blonde...Undercover Blonde for Book Club!
Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
I read Something Borrowed in the fall, and while I think Giffin is a little controversial, I think her books are well-written enough and easy to read. Giffin's book to me so far have been chick lit, and not as fluffy as Sophie Kinsella which just about made me never want to read again.
Where We Belong is the story of a mother and daughter who had never met, and their journey to getting to know one another. The plot was simple and it was a quick read - great for a break from classes.
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
I had been wanting to read The Road for some time because there are some people who are absolutely obsessed with this book. They're mostly boys, but I figured that since it was made into a movie, it couldn't be too bad. The book reminded me a lot of The Things They Carried and I thought it was definitely a book boys would like more than girls. It's about a father and son, and their journey through post-apocalyptic America.

What have you read lately? Any suggestions for me?

I'm also looking for bloggers interested in sharing their favorite shoreline for the Shorelines of the Month series on my blog.  If you're interested in sharing your shoreline, please let me know in the comments below or email me!    

SGL from Too Much is Never Enough is hosting a Cruisey giveaway on her blog.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder